What does a CATIA Design Engineer do?
A sample CATIA Design Engineer job posting is listed below.
Position Title: CATIA Design Engineer
Core Responsibilities: The responsibilities of a CATIA Design Engineer may include the following:
Design 3D models, assemblies and detail 2D drawings within CATIA V5 from conceptual designs, reverse engineering layouts, or legacy data.
Activities and duties:
The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Create manufacturing drawings of assemblies and models including GD&T and B.O.M. information
- Interpreting 2D drawings for conversion to 3D models and assemblies
- Create 3D models and assemblies from conceptual designs
- Use specialized modules in CATIA such as FTA, SMD, AMG, KWA, or Piping/Tubing as required
- Communicate with customers and team members regarding project scope, changes and/or deadlines
- Track own progress against bid hours using sources available to ensure project deadlines are met
- Make decisions concerning personal time management and task prioritization to deliver quality service, on time and under budget
- Multiple years experience in CATIA V5 is required
- Experience with CATIA V4 or V6 , Siemens NX, SolidWorks or ProE is a plus
- Mechanical Design/Drafting experience is required.
- Manufacturing or machining knowledge is a plus
- CATIA installation and environment setup is a plus
- Experience with VB programming a plus