Let’s Start Programming! Forums CATIA Macro Programming 2d drawing associated texts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Roman 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fender
    Participant

Hi, my name is Antonello and this is the first time that i write in this forum.

this is my question: i want to add an associated text in 2d drawing with a macro but i don’t find the right function in catia v5 documentation. Can you help me?

thank’s a lot.

Antonello

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Antonello, to get started see the following macro to loop through all dimension texts:

Cimonc
    Participant

Hi dudes and dudettes!
    New to this forum and to vba programing, something that Im hoping to become better at. I have a question about how to automate a workflow that i basically the same over and over again.
    So resently I have been working with alot of drawing updates and working with different version of the same partnumber.
    For every new version I have to these steps for every view/dwg:
    1) unlock the view (only one view)
    2) save and take out a new version
    3) go into “edit->links”
    4) go into pointed documents, locate the latest version and point the link to that
    5) update view

Now is there a way to automate this through vba? Anyone who have seen this before?
    Where should I start ? 🙂

/Simon

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Cimonc. You should be able to automate your process. I would begin by working through each of the steps you listed individually then combine it all together. For #1, see the unlock drawing view macro on my downloads page: http://www.scripting4v5.com/downloads/
    Let me know if you get stuck! Good luck.

Roman
    Participant

Hi, Antonello!

I hope this code will help you solve the problem by adding the text.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘CATIA Macro Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.