Let’s Start Programming! Forums CATIA Macro Programming Delete Geometrical set and Pockets

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dani 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dani
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    I am completely new in catia macros. I have a problem that I think is very simple but i don t know how to fix that. I want to write macro that delete all “Pocket”s and the “Geometrical Set”s from a design tree in catia v5. It seems to me that this is a very simple case but I have no idea how to do that. I would appreciate if you help me.
    Thank you.

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

Hi Dani. Glad to see you are trying to get into the world of macros and automation! I highly recommend you join my free email course for a quick introduction to macros here: http://www.scripting4v5.com/newsletter/
    It should be pretty straight forward to find and delete all pocket features. Join the course, give the macro a try, then let us know where you get stuck and we’ll help you out!
    -Emmett

Dani
    Participant

Thank you Emmett, This is my macro that unfortunately didn’t work.

Sub CATMain()

Dim partDocument1 As PartDocument Set partDocument1 = CATIA.ActiveDocument

Set selection1 = partDocument1.Selection selection1.Search “Name=HybridBody, all” selection1.Delete

Set selection2 = partDocument1.Selection selection2.Search “Name=Pocket, all” selection2.Delete

End Sub

Matt
    Participant

It is very helpful to include any error messages and the line the macro failed on.

‘Hopefully you only have a part open or the macro will fail on setting partDocument1
    Dim partDocument1 As PartDocument
    Set partDocument1 = CATIA.ActiveDocument

‘You used Name=HybridBody…Name is the actual name of the feature. You want to use Type.
    Set selection1 = partDocument1.Selection
    selection1.Search “Type=HybridBody, all”

‘What if there are no geosets in the part? Your Delete method will fail
    If selection1.Count>0 Then
    selection1.Delete
    End if

You can build the string required by selecting ctrl+f on the keyboard and manually building what you want to search for. Add the search to your favorites and you can copy the string and paste it in your code.

Dani
    Participant

Thank you Matt,

But it seems to me that catia does not recognize HydridBody as a form of type.

When I run this:

Sub catmain()
    Dim oPartDoc As PartDocument
    Set oPartDoc = catia.ActiveDocument
    Set oSelection1 = oPartDoc.Selection
    oSelection1.Search “type=body, all”
    Dim No As Integer
    No = oSelection1.Count
    MsgBox (No)
    End Sub

It correctly gives me back the number of bodies in the tree. However when I replace “type=body, all” with “type=hybridbody, all” it brings back this error:
    “The method Search failed”

Thank you

Matt
    Participant

I replied to this a week ago but it did not post, sorry 🙁

Geosets are called “HybridBodies” in VBA but in CATIA they are called Geometrical Sets.

As i mentioned before:
    You can build the string required by selecting ctrl+f on the keyboard and manually building what you want to search for. Add the search to your favorites and you can copy the string and paste it in your code.

Dani
    Participant

Thank you Matt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘CATIA Macro Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.