Let’s Start Programming! Forums CATIA Macro Programming Distance between two points

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lal 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lal
    Participant

Hi, I have bought the book of Emmett Ross and even if the book is great, I can’t find what is the problem in my script.

In chapter 9 page 117, It is explained how to measure the distance between two points. But I can’t have a result.

here is the script:

Dim oParameters As Parameters
    Set oParameters = Part1.Parameters

Dim oDistance As Parameter
    Set oDistance = oParameters.CreateDimension(“Distance”,”LENGTH”, 0)

Dim oDistanceRel As Relation
    Set oDistanceRel = Part1.Relations.CreateFormula(“DistanceForm”, “”, Largeur, “distance(Geometrical Set.1\X1,Geometrical Set.1\X2)”)

MsgBox “The endpoints are ” & largeur.ValueAsString & ” apart.”

It is said that my problem is “part1.Relations.CreateFormula”

Do you have any idea ?

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

HI. Sorry for the confusion, I will have to clean up that section of the book in the next version.Please see the code below. The attached picture also shows how it should look. Try it and let me know.

lal
    Participant

Thank you, does it work with a plan (XY for instance) and a single point since I would like the distance between a point and his own orthogonal projection on a plan

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

Yes, you can modify to code to measure between a point and a plane.Edit this line:

Set formula1 = relations1.CreateFormula(“Formula.2”, “”, length1, “distance(‘Geometrical Set.1\MyEndPt1′ ,’Geometrical Set.1\MyEndPt2’) “)

Emmett Ross
    Keymaster

lal
    Participant

Thank you so much, that is pretty clear now ! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘CATIA Macro Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.